Wednesday 19 October 2011

The Chatty Man

A great night out with my sister Anna to go see the comedian Alan Carr for her birthday. (This was her birthday card...)
He is one funny gentleman. I appreciate a comedian who can handle a heckler well! Great night out, though I felt sorry for the man sitting beside me who had me laughing in his ear the whole night as we were facing right towards the stage. I woke up laughing this morning thinking of a few of the stories that he told, in particular a tirade against the self-service checkouts in supermarkets, and a question as to why floats in swimming pools always seem to have a bite taken out of them...

Alan Carr - Odyssey Arena
I headed down the road to Dublin after the show. The motorway between Belfast and Dublin is a well-travelled one for me over the past few years, but by the end of each trip I'm always (or at least mostly...) thankful for a chance to think through things and the week ahead for a few hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment