Saturday 19 November 2011

Work

This evening I'm thankful for my job.

I've just had a manic week of preparing for some big stuff we have coming up in the next couple of week in church, and though it's been long days stretching into evenings to get things ready, I love what I get to do.

I love the variation in my days. The rhythm of groups that repeat weekly with programmes that are constantly changing. 

This week I prepared two upcoming services, made Christmas baubles with a kid's club, wrote intercessions for church, painted 8 4-foot Christmas tree posters, had a great youth group where 9 signed up to do a drama in our Christmas service, took communion with some senior members of the congregation, had tea and homemade shortbread whilst hearing a life story and then discussing an amazing Christmas appeal for presents for underprivileged kids in Ireland, and met with our curate to look to the future for our exciting parent and toddler church service that just won't stop growing.

That was this week, and I love that it was fantastic but I'll never have another week exactly the same. I'll do it again, but it'll be different. I love the change, and that I've gotten to the point in this position where people have started asking me in for tea and shortbread to share their stories. To share their lives.

A year ago I was in a very different place when thinking about work, and so this evening I'm so thankful to the One who can turn things around, both the situations we are in, and the eyes we see them with.

This coming week promises to be very different, I have been given the incredible opportunity to take part in the Arrow Leadership Programme over the next 18 months, and it all starts tomorrow with 5 days of residential lectures. 

I think I have heard enough about it to know that this is something I can be very thankful to have the opportunity for.

No comments:

Post a Comment