Thursday 10 November 2011

"I've found the one who my soul so long craved."

8 years ago I went to South Africa for 3 months, and while I was there, I learnt to sing and play a song from some of the people I had travelled there with. I remember loving it, and the sentiment behind it really meaning a lot to me in the place that I was with God during that season in my life.

I was flipping through an old journal and found the words to that song. Memories of haunting melodies in beautiful hilly valleys came flooding back to me. I love this song.

Poughkeepsie

I thought I'd go out Poughkeepsie
Searching for a clear spring
That I'd hoped would quench the burning
of the thirst I felt within

Leaning on the world around me
Till my strength was almost gone
Longed my soul for something better
Only still to hunger on

(Chorus)
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
I've found the one who my soul so long craved
And if heaven's not my home then Lord, what will I do
Because I can't feel at home in this world anymore

Poor I was, and sought for riches
Something that would satisfy
But the dust that gathered round me
Only mocked my soul's sad day

Well of water ever springing
Bread of life so rich and free
Untold wealth that never faileth
My Redeemer is to me

No comments:

Post a Comment