Tuesday 15 November 2011

The cracks



Today I am thankful that the writers of the Bible don't paper over the cracks. 

I've been reading through parts of Acts and I'm thankful that, like my life and ministry, it isn't perfect. People fall out, there are disagreements, plans come tumbling down, there are times that it looks like these early faithful followers are hypocrites, like they are compromising their values, and many times they are! But throughout it all, God is at work in their human frailty, in their brokenness. 

I'm thankful that God doesn't need to paint over the imperfections or sweep past the inadequacies and mistakes. I'm thankful that he doesn't need or ask for perfection in order to be used by Him, because I know myself, and I am far from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment