Wednesday 1 August 2012

Olympic Fever

I had the great treat of going to London this past weekend to see some of the Olympic events currently dominating the screens and minds of the world's population.

On Saturday, the parentals, the cousin and I got to attend the first day of the badminton group stages at Wembley Arena. A great day full of some incredible play that both inspired me to get back on the court and also made me realise that I may never really played it at all...though comparing myself to the pros might be a bit harsh!


Then on Sunday we went to Wimbledon to see some Olympic tennis. This was a bit of a wash out unfortunately (a story for another day) but we at least got to see one full match! Djokovic came out on top with a few rain intervals.


Back to work in Dublin now. It's a quieter time over the Summer, but I've been catching up on Aaron Sorkin's new drama "The Newsroom", I came to the "West Wing" party about 7 seasons and some change late, so I'm determined to get in on the ground floor with this offering. Great script (expect anything less?) and fantastic to see a show on the air with some incredible acting that actually gets your heart racing. Fantastic stuff. I'm only 2 episodes in and hooked already. Highly recommended.


So I'm thankful for an incredible opportunity to see a plethora of world class athletes this weekend, and for TV that challenges the status quo and gets me thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment