Saturday 5 May 2012

Berlin

This past week I had the opportunity to go to Berlin with the Church of Ireland Youth Department for the annual youth workers retreat. I'd never been to Berlin before so jumped at the chance.

We had an idyllic three days in Berlin, learning from and sharing with one another about faith and the work we are each involved in. I left feeling encouraged, reinvigorated and ready to keep at it.

Alongside that, there was plenty of down time to enjoy each other's company and explore the city that this years retreat found us in. 

The Brandenburg Gate 

 Pillars at The Brandenburg Gate 

"Work sets you free" - Words welded to the gates at Sachsenhausen concentration camp that we had the privilege to visit.

We rented bikes for an afternoon to explore the city. There's no turning back for me...this is the only way to explore a city! 

The Berlin Cathedral. An incredible building!

So thankful for the opportunity to spend a few days in great company and a great city exploring both it and my calling to where I am and what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment